• B.A. Biology, University of Missouri St. Louis, 1973
• M.A. Education, Counseling, University of Texas San Antonio, 1984
• Ed.S. Educational Administration, University of New Mexico, 1998
• Experience includes one year Seven Holy Founders School, St. Louis, Missouri,year, two years at Koen Girls School, Tokyo, Japan, two years at Stevenson Middle School, San Antonio, three years at Maine Schoo lAdministrative District, 3 schools K-8, and 17 years at St. Pius X HighSchool.
•Most Valuable Teacher, Stevenson Middle School Counseling credentials--Licensed State of New Mexico, New Mexico Therapy andPractice Board--Licensed Professional Counselor, National BoardCertified Counselor, Licensed administrator by the State of NewMexico, Level 3a and 3b Memberships: American PsychotherapyAssociation, American School Counselor Association, National Associationof Secondary School Principals, Association for Supervision andCurriculum Development, National Catholic Educational Association,Member National Educational Catholic Association Secondary SchoolsDepartment Executive Board
•Married for 36 years to Bill, retired Air Force Officer of 24 years.Lived in and traveled to many places in the U.S. and Far East. Her threesons graduated from SPX, class of 2000 (Mike, degree in HotelAdministration, UNLV, married to Rima), 2002 Jon, (lives in ABQ, degreein Accounting and Finance, UNM, working on CPA), 2005 (Steve, degree inReal Estate and Construction Management, University of Denver, currentlyin graduate school, same program, same school). I have great love forSPX and am honored to be the principal of such a great school.
Assistant Principal - Curriculum and Instruction
• B.M, Music Education, ENMU, 1977,
• M.M., Music, ENMU, 1980
• M.A., School Administration, ENMU, 1992
•His 31 years of experience include one year in at Roswell ISD, sixyears in Alamogordo Public Schools, 13 years in Hobbs Public Schools,six years in Albuquerque Public Schools, three years in BernalilloPublic Schools and two years at St. Pius X.
•He has been named Who's Who Among America's Teachers, Who's Who inExecutives and Professionals, Alamogordo Classroom Teachers - Teacher ofthe year, Martin Rockwell Teacher of the Year, Hobbs Hispano ChamberOutstanding Community Service award, Jaycees Outstanding Educator, UnitAward for Excellence of Service - U.S. Dept. of Interior. He was namedinstructor and presenter for various technology workshops for teachersincluding presenter at Middle School Conferences on Teacher Empowermentand Teaming, Carnegie Institute for Middle Grade Level Programs,Effective teaching seminars and training for teachers, and Governor'sSummit on "Student's Speak Out.”
•Father of two children. Andrew is a senior at ENMU majoring in historyand coaching high school football, basketball and track. Karol is ajunior at ENMU majoring in agriculture education.
Student Services - Activities Director
Student Services - Community Service Coordinator
• B.A. Spanish 1987, Benedictine College B.A. Sociology 1987, Benedictine College
• M.A. Curriculum and Instruction, New Mexico State University, 1992
• Peace Corps Volunteer, Turkmenistan 1997-1999 Tour Director, Tauck World Discovery, 2000-2004
Administrative Support Staff
Jackie DeVault, Main Office Receptionist
Bunny Sanchez, Secretary to the Principal
Rita Martinez, Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Students
Evelyn Olguin, Communications Coordinator and Liturgist
Annin Keiser, Registrar