The beautiful west side campus was first host to the College of
St. Joseph on the Rio Grande, founded in June 1950, by the Sisters of
St. Francis, which was succeeded in 1966 by the University of
Albuquerque, a Catholic university. The school closed in 1986, allowing
the campus to become the new home of St. Pius X in 1988.